There are no artists for this item.
There are no photographers for this item.
There is no Full Text for this Model.
This image is of Concordia Seminary's first building in St. Louis. It was built in 1850 and designed by Martin Stephan, Jr. Concordia Theological Seminary shared this campus with its sister seminary beginning in 1861 and continuing until it moved to Springfield, Illinois in 1874-1875. The celebrations of that date included a farewell to the last contingent of "practical" seminary students and faculty. The original photograph is in the collection of Holy Cross Lutheran Church. The image was scanned from C. F. W. Walther, Christian C. Tiews, Charles P. Schaum, John P. Hellwege, and Thomas Manteufel. Law and Gospel: How to Read and Apply the Bible. St. Louis, MO: Concordia Pub. House, 2010, 274.